Do Avon Bug Repellents Protect against Zika?
With the recent scare about the Zika Virus many people want to know how to protect their families. As an Avon rep, I have many people ask "Do Avon Bug repellents protect against Zika?" Here is a quote directly from New Avon LLC regarding using Skin So Soft Bug Guard products to protect against the Zika virus.
"Many of you have asked if our Bug Guard products protect against the Zika virus. The best way to prevent diseases spread by mosquitoes is to avoid being bitten. Avon Bug Guard products are U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registered and repel mosquitoes for up to 8 hours.
These products include:
• Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Expedition™ SPF 30 Spray (Pump Spray) (8 hours)
• Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Expedition™ SPF 28 Spray (Aerosol Spray) (8 hours)
• Bug Guard Plus IR3535® SPF 30 Gentle Breeze Moisturizing Lotion (2 hours)
• Bug Guard Plus IR3535® SPF 30 Cool’N Fabulous Disappearing Color Moisturizing Lotion (2 hours)
• Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Aerosol Spray (6 hours)
• Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Spray Pump Spray (8 hours)
• Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Towelettes (8 hours)"
You Might be wondering.....
How To Ward Off Bug Bites This Summer
Now that summer is officially upon us it’s time to get outdoors and have some fun! From BBQs, picnics, swimming days, and so much more, it’s time to get outside thanks to the warmer temps and the fact that many are on summer vacation. Although summer is an amazing time of year, it can also mean lots of bugs since ticks, mosquitoes and other bugs like to join in on our summer fun. Bugs are seriously a pain when we’re trying to have fun. They can damper our summer plans due to itchy and painful bites. They could even lead to major health problems like allergic reactions or severe illnesses. With Zika Virus and West Nile Virus scaring everyone, it’s important to keep yourself safe from bug bites. How can Avon Bug Repellents Protect Against Zika? Use these important tips to prevent yourself from getting insect bites.
Here are tips on how to ward off bug bites this summer:
- Cover up
The best way to ward off insect bites is to cover any exposed skin. So when you’re out in nature, wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, socks and a hat.
- Don’t be attractive
Some insects are attractive to certain perfumes and colognes, so try and limit use of them during the summer so that you don’t become a bug target. And there are some bugs that are attracted to bright colored clothes, so wear dark colors if possible.
- Use insect repellent
The best way to decrease your chances of getting bug bites is to use an insect repellent. AVON offers great protection for the entire family with their DEET-free repellents that come in the form of sprays, lotions and even SPF lotions! The Skin So Soft bug repellent line features everything you love about Skin So Soft products with the added bug repellent feature. Top choices include:
- Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535 Gentle Breeze SPF 30 Lotion that repels mosquitoes that may transmit the West Nile Virus, as well as deer ticks that can transmit Lyme Disease. It’s non-greasy and contains vitamin E and Aloe, as well as provides SPF 30 protection.
- Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535 Expedition SPF 30 Bonus Size Pump that provides effective protection against gnats, deer ticks, mosquitoes, sand flies, no-seeums and biting midges. It’s hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested.
- Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Towelettes, which are perfect for when you’re on the go and need protection in a jiffy!
Can I use Avon Bug Sprays on Kids?
Is Avon Bug Guard Good for Children?
Yes, all of the Avon Bug Guard products are suitable for the entire family. However, never apply insect repellents to babies younger than 2 months. Moms with young children will love how easy it is to apply Avon bug spray for kids and lotions. You can choose from scented and unscented products.
Here are a few tips on applying mosquito products on children:
- Spray a little bug spray on your hands and rub it on your child's face. Avoid the eyes and mouth.
- Do not spray insect repellents on cuts, wounds, or irritated skin.
- Apply bug repellents on exposed skin or the outside of children's clothes. Do NOT apply under clothing.
- Spray repellents outside to avoid breathing in the fumes.
- Always help young children apply products.
- Supervise older children on how to use these bug products.
- Wash your children's skin with soap and water to remove any bug products when they come indoors.
- Wash their clothing before they wear it again.
Don't Forget the Bug Guard at these Outings
Avon Bug Guard Insect Repellents
- Street Hockey
- Field Hockey
- Flag Football
- Frisbee Golf
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Rock Climbing
- Beach Volleyball
Which Product to Use at Dusk or Dawn?
The best Avon insect repellent to use at dusk or dawn when the mosquitoes are most active is the Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Picaridin. The Avon Picaridin products were included as an Editor's Top Beauty Pick for summer 2016 in US Weekly.
Which Products to Use During the Day?
If you are outside during the heat of the day, the best Avon insect repellent to use would be the Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535. These products have both SPF for sun protection and an insect repellent.
Which Products Should I Use When Swimming?
The Avon lotions are the best to use when swimming as they are water and sweat resistant. These products also contain SPF 30 for protection from the sun's rays. Try the Bug Guard Plus IR353 SPF 30 Cool 'n Fabulous Disappearing Color Lotion or the Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535 Gentle Breeze SPF 30 Lotion.
Avon Bug Repellents Protect Against Zika and West Nile
In conclusion, summers can be fun for your whole family. However, smart parents want to protect their children from mosquito and bug bites. Can Avon Bug Repellents Protect Against Zika Virus and West Nile Virus? They may help ward off insects with proper application, added precautions such as covering your body and not wearing fragrances. Follow the suggestions above on how to protect from getting bug bites.
The bottom line is: Prevent diseases that are spread by mosquitoes by avoiding being bit.